Friday 28 August 2015

Black and White Bristol Temple Meads







(All 24.8.2015 Copyright Steve Sainsbury/Rail Thing)


Something a little different this time! I am a regular visitor to Bristol Temple Meads station, as my son comes up from Sway every month to visit, and I pick him up from the station. I always try to arrive an hour or so early so I can take some pictures, mainly to record the changes prior to electrification.

Monday this week was wet and miserable, so I decided to switch to black and white for a change. I LOVE black and white, but the light and texture needs to be right to make it work. I'm very influenced by classic photographers like Ansel Adams and Bill Brandt, and try to capture a little bit of what they did, though I fear today's subject matter just isn't as punchy as it was! But I'm reasonably pleased with these, especially the exteriors. This simply wouldn't have worked had it been sunny!

I did switch to colour after the two shots I took on the platform mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment