Friday 30 March 2012

sublime


Rail Thing has just acquired this superb atmosphere shot of the final few weeks of steam, location is Bare Lane in Morecambe. It doesn't matter to me that the loco is unidentified and can only just be seen  - the attraction is the sheer ordinariness of this shot with the cars dating it perfectly and capturing steam's last summer. It follows on perfectly from yesterday's musings above the frozen history of the heritage line, and the subsequent lack of atmosphere or relevance.

I've always been interested in the overall railway scene, rather than specific aspects of it, and admire the work of those photographers who tried to set the train and railway in its social context. I've rarely seen a better shot than this, which does it all for me, though not seemingly to anyone else as I won it unchallenged on eBay!

No comments:

Post a Comment